Thanks for choosing the Simple Signing Service package! The Simple Signing Service allows you to meet the minimum requirements necessary to get married in the state of Georgia. It is a great option for people who need to be legally married quickly and would like to skip the ceremonial elements and rituals at this time.
The Chatham County Courthouse does not provide dedicated employees to officiate weddings at the courthouse. Couples who wish to marry in Savannah must use a professional officiant or other clergy member to marry them at another location. You may also schedule an appointment directly with a judge, but only with considerable advance notice.
Simple Signing Services are held at The Savannah Cozy Chapel, located a 2421 Waters Avenue, between Maupas and 41st Streets. Signing Services are scheduled by appointment only.
You can see pictures of some of the couples we have married via my Signing Service option on my Instagram account.
Here is what you can expect at the Signing Service.
The Simple Signing Service includes the following components to meet the requirements of Georgia’s marriage laws. We’ll sit around our conference table for the entirety of the Signing Service. It is important that you feel that you can seriously participate in all components.
1. Short Interview: As an officiant, it’s my job to make sure that both people getting married understand the seriousness of the commitment they are making to each other, that no party is under duress, and the couple is not attempting to commit fraud. To ensure that, I’ll ask you a few questions about your relationship, why you’re choosing to get married today, and similar types of questions.
I ask that you be as honest as possible with me. Please don’t be nervous! As a coach and clergy member, everything you tell me is confidential. I am not here to judge your relationship, but help and ensure that you are both making a mature decision together. This part of the Signing Service should be fun.
2. Affirmations. I will ask each of you to affirm that you want to marry the other person as you both understand it legally, emotionally, spiritually and otherwise. This is your “vow.”
Even though this is not a formal ceremony, it is best if you affirm this understanding to your partner and make eye contact with him or her when you do so. When I ask this question, some couples have answered me directly with “Yes, ma’am,” which is polite and appreciated, but I am truly not the person you need to make that affirmation to.
You do not need to have rings, but you can bring them if you so wish. Please let me know before we start the Signing Service.
3. Declaration. I need to “pronounce” that you are now a married couple couple, which means that I will say out loud that I declare you are a newly married couple and use your names. Don’t worry- this “pronouncement” will only be heard by the three of us.
I’ll ask you how you’d like me to pronounce your marriage. I can use your first names or refer to you by a common last name if that is relevant to you. Please think about how you want to be referred to now that you are making this life change.
You may kiss if you wish (I encourage it!).
4. Signing: I’ll sign your license. You can bring it in person back to the courthouse if you’d like your certified copy to be issued right away. You can also mail it back with a self-addressed stamped envelope so the court can mail you a copy back in three to four weeks.
5. Celebrate (optional). While not necessary, I highly encourage you to take time to celebrate after the ceremony, even if just means sharing a romantic cupcake. You may have been together for a long time, but this will be your wedding anniversary for the rest of your life and it’s important to mark its occasion.
Here are some important rules to note before booking a Simple Signing Service.
These rules have been established after conducting over 300 Signing Services and they help me make sure that you get the best experience possible when you make your commitment to each other.
- Your marriage license must be (1) issued by Chatham County or (2) if you have a marriage license issued by another county, at least one person getting married must be a permanent resident of the State of Georgia.
- The cost of the Signing Service is $75 and must be paid at online when you book. There is no military discount for this service.
- The Simple Signing Service is only available on weekdays and the last appointment is at 4:30PM. An appointment is needed.
- The Simple Signing Service is for people who want to or need to marry quickly. We do not schedule Signing Services more than two weeks in advance. Signing Services must also be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- There are no guests over the age of 13 allowed at a signing service. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Couples who book a Simple Signing Service are eligible for a 30% discount on future officiating services.
If your vision for getting married does not meet the requirements of the Simple Signing Service, I encourage you to look at my basic ceremony option, Tracy’s Choice, on my ceremony package page.
If you have reviewed all this information and are sure that you want to schedule a Simple Signing Service, please fill out the following information and we’ll send you the link to self-schedule your appointment.