Thanks for your interest in our Simple Signing Service!
Our Simple Signing Service allows you to meet the minimum requirements necessary to get married in the state of Georgia. It is a great option for people who need to be legally married and would like to skip the ceremonial elements of a wedding.
We began offering the the Simple Signing Service in 2014 because the Chatham County Courthouse does not provide dedicated employees to officiate weddings at the courthouse. Couples can schedule an appointment directly with a judge, but only with considerable advance notice. You’ll also be scheduled between other civil or criminal cases which is not exactly romantic.
In Savannah, you can also schedule a separate mini-photoshoot with your Simple Signing Service in beautiful Forsyth Park or beautiful Lafayette Square.
We also offer Simple Signing Services in Hilton Head & Atlanta.
There are five parts to the Simple Signing Service.
1. Conversation. As officiants, it’s our job to make sure that both people getting married understand the seriousness of the commitment they are making to each other, that no party is under duress, and the couple is not attempting to commit fraud. To ensure that, your officiant will ask you a few questions about your relationship, why you’re choosing to get married today, and similar types of questions. It is meant to be a casual conversation among the three of us.
We do ask that you be as honest as possible with us. Please don’t be nervous! We are not here to judge your relationship, but help and ensure that you are both making a great decision together. This part of the Simple Signing Service should be fun as you think back to how you first met and fell in love.
2. Declaration. We will ask each of you to affirm that you want to marry the other person as you both understand it legally, emotionally, spiritually and otherwise. This is your “vow.”
You do not need to have rings, but you can bring them if you’d like to exchange them. Please let us know before we start the Simple Signing Service.
3. Pronouncement. We need to “pronounce” that you are now a married couple, which means that we will say out loud that we declare you are now married and use your names, even though it is just the three of us.
You may kiss if you wish. We encourage it!
4. Signing. We’ll sign your license and give it back to you. You will need to mail it back with a self-addressed stamped envelope so the court can mail you a copy back in three to six weeks. You can also go back to the courthouse and leave it in a dropbox for a faster turnaround.
5. Celebration (optional). While not necessary, we highly encourage you to take time to celebrate after the Simple Signing Service. You may have been together for a long time, but this will be your wedding anniversary for the rest of your life and it’s important to mark its occasion!
You can also add a Mini Photoshoot to your Simple Signing Service.
While you may not want to make your commitment with a formal ceremony, you may want to have some professional photos taken. We have partnered with Bronston Photography to offer a short 10-15 minute photoshoot after your Simple Signing Service. Within two weeks, you will get a gallery where you can choose five professionally edited digital images to download and share, as well as purchase more images or the entire gallery for an additional cost.
Mini photoshoots are only offered during the week before 4:30 PM.
The price for the Simple Signing Service + Mini Photoshoot combination is $350. If you would like to purchase this combined package option, let us know when you contact us. Here are some beautiful photos that couples have chosen from their Mini Photoshoot galleries!
And here are the five guidelines to read before you book a Simple Signing Service.
We’ve established these guidelines after conducting 900+ Simple Signing Services. They help us make sure that you have the best experience possible when you make your commitment to each other.
1. Marriage License. You must have a valid marriage license. You can learn more about marriage licenses and how to obtain one.
2. Guests. You can bring up to four guests to a Signing Service. Just remember that since most of a Simple Signing Service is a conversation, there is not much for a guest to watch or participate in, unlike a ceremony. Guests are not included in Mini-Photoshoots.
3. Scheduling. We do not schedule Simple Signing Services more than three weeks in advance. The Simple Signing Service is for people who want to or need to marry quickly. If you are looking to schedule something further out, look at Tracy’s Choice or the Popup Elopement Package on our Ceremony Package page.
4. Booking. Complete the form at the bottom of the page so we can schedule you. We generally have appointments from 10:00 AM to 4:30PM every weekday, with some extended evening hours. We also have limited Saturday appointments available. Mini Photoshoots only take place during the week.
5. Payment. The cost of the Simple Signing Service is $125 for a weekday appointment and $150 for a weekend appointment. The Simple Signing Service + Mini Photoshoot is $350. Clients must pay online when you book and the payment is non-refundable. There are no discounts for this service.
Couples who book a Simple Signing Service are eligible for a 10% discount on future officiating services.
Because of how Simple Signing Services are scheduled, your officiant will be assigned after booking. You can read more about our officiant team and the specific officiant you are assigned. All of our officiants are amazing people and compassionate professionals.
And just a reminder, if your vision for getting married does not meet the requirements of the Simple Signing Service, please look at our other options on our ceremony package page.
Schedule your Simple Signing Service!
If you have reviewed this information and want to schedule a Simple Signing Service, please complete the form. If you need to be married the same day as your request, please text us.