Over the last six years, we have developed a small list of vendors who we know do great work and are highly recommended by previous clients. They also love elopements (not all wedding vendors do), can work with a diverse set of clients, and are LGBTQ friendly. While we refer to them as “our squad,” that’s because we think they are great and not because we get any kickbacks if you choose to work with them.
We sometimes allow couples to have up to 50 guests with the Intimate Destination Wedding package with prior approval and a discussion about your budget. There are fewer restaurants available for 50 guests, and it will cost more per person, too. We may also require you to add an onsite assistant as part of the package. Let us know that you are considering this and we can talk more.
While many people use the parks & squares in downtown Savannah, we also frequent Bonaventure Cemetery, the Wormsloe Historic Site, Tybee Island, the Savannah Botanical Gardens, Oatland Island and even private homes. You can review stories of where previous couples planned her ceremonies with this package for ideas, too.
If you have more than 15 guests, you will need to reserve a space or obtain a permit, which we can help with once you are a client. The City of Savannah requires at least 90 days advance notice to reserve a square or park. Forsyth Park is usually reserved 6 months to a year in advance. Some spaces, such as Wormsloe and Bonaventure, require a permit even if it just the couple.
We recently adjusted our package to include the pedicabs based on client feedback. Being able to get around Savannah and get photos with so many backgrounds is a signature part of our experience, even if you choose to get married at Wormsloe or Bonaventure and return downtown for more photos.
If you decide not to use them for some reason, your photographer will instead hire an extra person to assist and help her with equipment during your time together.
We do! The Savannah Elopement Experience is slightly more popular, but the Popup Elopement Package is also booked quite frequently. While you will pick the best choice for you, here are some trends we know after six years of helping couples elope.
- Our Popup Elopement couples tend to book 30 to 60 days before their wedding and eloping is part of other plans to travel to Savannah. Most dress up, similar to how they would dress to attend a fancy party, but are not wearing formal wedding clothes.
- Our Savannah Elopement Experience couples tend to book further from their date and are wearing more formal outfits. They have decided they want to elope somewhere interesting and then settle on Savannah.
- Usually, the guest total is not a factor in our clients’ final decision about which package to book. More than half of our Savannah Elopement Experience couples have no guests with them.
Again, these are trends and we have lots of couples who have been exceptions! We are happy to speak with you about what is best for you as part of your inquiry.
In 2018, after analyzing our business trends, I decided it made the most sense for me to focus on elopement experience packages and the Create Your Story package and have our Partner Officiants officiate other types of events. I also sometimes officiate Tracy’s Choice packages, but that is because most happen during the week and book just a few months out.
In 2019, I officiated half of all of our engagements based on my own goals for work and life balance, as well as when most events take place. Very often, we receive requests for different weddings that are happening at the same time (i.e., Saturday at 5PM) and it is not unheard for all of us to be working on a popular weekend!
All of our Partner Officiants are awesome! When you are booked with a Partner Officiant, I still prepare all the scripts with the clients and Jennifer and I provide account management leading up to the day.
Great question. The Tracy’s Choice package is simply the way it is described- I choose the ceremony. Every season, I prepare 1-2 pre-written scripts and I offer a package at a lower cost with these scripts because they take less preparation time. They will be like the samples on my Ceremony Example page, but not those exact ceremonies. You will get a final copy (no changes) of what I will say via email before your ceremony and if you’d like, you can include personal vows. I’ll send a questionnaire and you’ll let me know that, as well as your basic spiritual preferences.
If you would like to add a ritual (like a sand ceremony or handfasting), a reading, or make some edits, you can upgrade to our Choose Your Own Adventure package. If you are looking for something more custom or a very personalized experience, the Create Your Story package is the way to go.
Finally, we limit this package to small events with 50 or fewer guests.
- Make sure you and your partner are absolutely on the same page for what type of wedding ceremony and experience you’d like to have.
- Once you’ve chosen to elope or have a small ceremony, if you can avoid it… don’t tell anyone else who will not be invited until you are already married. Sometimes, friends or family members have strong opinions and can dampen your joy and excitement. They can also try to invite themselves and within a week, your private elopement is a wedding with dozens of guests. As the two people being married, you know what type of wedding will make you happy and no one else.
- Finally, the best part of eloping and small weddings is low stress. Let us help you with as many tasks as we can and trust our vendor recommendations! Keeping the decor as simple as possible and using the natural beauty of Savannah as much as you can for your event will also help.
We cannot guarantee perfect weather for your date, but if it rains, we will have still have fun. You can check out how we’ve worked with rain in the past to make sure you enjoy your experience and leave with beautiful photos.
Absolutely! If you like the concept of the Savannah Elopement Experience, but want to get married on the beach at Tybee Island- just a short drive from historic Savannah- we can make that happen. We would have the ceremony on the beach and then take photos on the ocean as well as make use of the unique beach town sites. There is an additional $25 travel fee for weddings on Tybee Island.
We also offer these packages at Bonaventure Cemetery and the Wormsloe Historic Site. They have separate fees paid directly to those facilities.
We do not travel outside Chatham County for our Ceremony + Photography packages during the busy spring and fall seasons, but we do during the summer and winter. If you have another location in mind for those times of year, let us know!